Orscana by Arioneo Rug Sensor
1 Customer photo
Upload your photo of Orscana by Arioneo Rug Sensor to win a voucher of €50,-
Orscana by Arioneo Rug Sensor product description
Do you also regularly doubt whether your horse is too hot or too cold under the blanket? The
Orscana Sensor helps you! The sensor measures the temperature, the moisture content and the
movements of your horse because the sensor can be attached to each blanket.
By synchronizing the sensor with the free app you can hear which blanket your horse is best
can wear next night. Based on the circumstances and condition of you
horse, the data from the previous night and the weather forecast is based on this advice.
In addition, the app gives you a lot of insight into the daily life of your horse, so you know how much
he has moved and is situated and whether he is stressed or calm.
The Orscana Sensor:
- Creates insight into the day and night activities of your horse (the time your horse is standing, and is overly active),
- Gives advice on which blanket to do in combination with the weather forecast,
- Monitors and reports horse activities objectively and simply with clear graphs and recommendations,
- Detects the sweat level between the blanket and the horse,
- The sensor can be attached to all horse blankets,
- Measure the temperature under the blanket in the stable, paddock and during transport 24/7
- The comfort zone per horse is determined on the basis of 3 factors: age, condition of the coat and physical condition,
- Painless and completely safe for your horse,
- The sensor weighs only 30 grams,
- To attach to the inside (both possible on the left and right side) of the blanket in the hip cavity, the horse starts to sweat first here,
- To synchronize with a free app for your smartphone and / or tablet,
- A notification on your smartphone and or tablet appears as soon as the measurement data fall outside the comfort zone of your horse, this allows you to intervene if your horse is too hot or too cold,
- Synchronizing the bluetooth device can be up to 30 meters from the sensor,
- The free app is suitable for iOS 8 and higher, Android 4.4 and higher and smartphones with 4.0 bluethooth technology. Via the Google Play Store you can check whether your smartphone is compatible with this app with the BLE checker,
- The app is available in 5 languages: Dutch, English, German, French and Spanish,
- Share all information with the caretakers of your horse and your friends,
- The battery lasts for about 6 months, which can be replaced when the battery runs out.
Attaching the sensor:
Option 1. Daily use
The special bags in the lining of the blanket sewing is the best for daily use
firmest. There is no cap on the outside of the blanket where other horses
for example, can bite.
1. Place the pouch height of the hip cavity on the inside of the blanket.
2. Use a needle and thread to sew the bag to the blanket. Pay attention! The water-tightness on the spot
where you choke is decreasing as you go through the outer fabric with waterproof blankets.
Option 2. Temporary use
With the fastening system you can attach the sensor to a blanket especially during
transport or a shorter period of use. The fastening system contains two blue ones
buttons and a bag with metal pin.
1. To remove the bag from the fastening system, press the two blue buttons simultaneously
2. Hold the bag at the desired location between the horse and the hip cavity
3. Insert the pin into the mounting hole and push the halves together.
4. Check that the security is securely fastened by lightly pulling on it.
5. Place the sensor in the bag.
6. To remove the confirmation, press both blue buttons simultaneously.
Orscana by Arioneo Rug Sensor reviews
86% would buy this product again.
- Information (3)
- Funny toy (1)
- Size (1)
- More clarity as the horsepal (1)
- Make the click system safer (3)
- Real time info, the sensor only works on bluetooth, so you always have to be within 30 meters (2)
- Usability (1)
- Smaller in size (1)
- Make comfort zones much smaller so that it really says something (1)
- Scientific substantiation (1)
- Ensure that the sensor does not go out at night (1)
Win a voucher of € 100, -
Willy from Eemnes at 13-02-2019:
Cons: make the click system safer
as soon as it gets colder you wrestle with the question which blanket to put on, I have the sensor now sewn into a thin Bucas blanket and it turns out that my horse is certainly not too cold even with a few degrees frost so there is no thicker blanket like most horses happened, also shows how much she is, quiet or restless and that gives what she does when I am not there, no stress at fireworks is also nice to know, click system is nothing but you you can sew the bag in it, it will stay in place
Cindy from Rotterdam at 05-11-2018:
Orscana finer as Horsepal
Pros: Information, More clarity as the horsepal
Cons: Smaller in size, real time info, the sensor only works on bluetooth, so you always have to be within 30 meters
I have been using the Orscana for 3 days now and I think it works better now than Horseware Horsepal. Orscana can simply be read more from because it also registers the movement and that gives more clarity in many cases. I am very satisfied with it so far and hope that he will last longer than the Horsepal. The only drawback is that he might be more annoying for a shet than for a horse. 4 stars because I have only recently used it.
Malou from Braamt at 10-07-2018:
Handiest product that I have purchased
Cons: make the click system safer
Certainly not regret this purchase. Indicates exactly all values. I bought this, among other things, to see if my horse was active and whether he ran a lot, for example. Everything can be seen. You really have to attach the bags to the blanket because the pin that comes with my horse was quickly lost. Sensor can find back.
Steffi from Ninove at 06-06-2018:
App is very handy idd. Unfortunately with my device I have to restart the sensor before it connects to my app Very good if it works ...
Marielle from Biezenmortel at 17-05-2018:
little to no scientific basis for the information you get about your horse
Pros: funny toy
Cons: make comfort zones much smaller so that it really says something, usability, make the click system safer, real time info, the sensor only works on bluetooth, so you always have to be within 30 meters, scientific substantiation, ensure that the sensor does not go out at night
Very good concept! The execution is only less. The sensor sometimes goes off spontaneously, or stays on but gives unreliable information. (indicates, for example, that my horse is 100% of the time, while a few hours ago she was brought from the barn to the paddock and has been eating since then) also making contact via bluetooth is not really easy, takes a long time and I have several attempts required (but can also be on my phone). the fastening material is also not great, you should be able to fix the sensor with a click system. My horse always rolls when she comes in the paddock, then that pin went loose. Fortunately, she is not rolled into the peg. But that is now lost so I can no longer confirm him with the click system. That is all still manageable. What I really find disappointing is that the comfort zone is very spacious. (23 degrees difference) I had a question about that at Orscana. How do you realize that a certain race, gender and age is comfortable between 8 and 31 degrees. What is it based on? That is of course so incredibly spacious that you always sit well with that app. I can feel the difference of 23 degrees with my hand, I do not need an expensive sensor. A small test on the sum: one night my horse put on a blanket of 200 grams and the next night a blanket of 500 grams (about the same outside temperature). With both blankets my horse fell into the 'comfortable' category and in both cases it was advised not to change anything to the blanket she had last night. I did not receive an answer to my question. Only that people are inclined to impose warm blankets. So on what scientific research these comfort zones of the horse are based, that has never become clear to me. Funny toy maybe, but I find it too expensive for that. You also do not know what you trust, since they can not tell whether they have done research on the temperature of horses. the sensor / app does not provide reliable information and user-friendliness is also not great. As far as I am concerned no recommendation.
gerda op 06-03-2019:
Question: I am looking for a new battery for Sensor, but is hard to find ...
Answer: There is a CR2477 battery in the sensor.