Bucas Eczema Blanket Sweet-itch Zebra 110/145
7 Customer photos
Upload your photo of Bucas Eczema Blanket Sweet-itch Zebra 110/145 to win a voucher of €50,-
Bucas Eczema Blanket Sweet-itch Zebra 110/145 product description
Derived from the very successful Buzz-Off Zebra fly rug, Bucas has developed a new fabric with the same zebra stripes that provides protection against the Culicoides mosquito (midges). In horses with summer eczema, prevention is the key to success: make sure you are preoccupied with the problem, by getting your horse to blanket before the mosquito season begins.
The first of its kind, the Sweet Itch fly eczema blanket with zebra stripes prevents the horse from being stung by the small mosquitoes and repels the large, aggressive flies. It has been scientifically proven that the flies get confused by the zebra stripes and thus stay away from the horse.
The unique Sweet-Itch Zebra blanket is made from a specially developed fabric that stops even the smallest insects. Extra attention has been paid to the mane and tail sections to protect them well and to prevent itching. Bucas Sweet-Itch Zebra also offers UV protection and thus prevents sunburn and discolouration of the coat.
The design is a full 'body cover', with a neck piece up to the ears to fully protect the manes. An elastic, detachable belly flap protects the entire lower abdomen of the horse, from elbow to crotch. Shoulder pleats provide extra freedom of movement. A large tail flap covers this problematic area and prevents the small biting flies from reaching the tail. Bilcords keep the blanket in place and an overlapping, padded breast flap ensures that the blanket remains comfortable, no matter how long your horse wears the blanket.
- Filling: 0
- Waterproof: no
- Outer fabric: polyester
- Inner lining: polyester
- Chest closure: snap-lock
- Belly closure: elastic and detachable belly flap
- Rear closure: leg strap
- Neck piece: fixed
- Liner system: no
- Leg cutouts: yes, shoulder folds
- Tail flap: yes
- Fit: standard
- Available colors: Zebra
- Size table (top length / bottom length):
115 = 115/152
120 = 120/160
125 = 125/168
130 = 130/175
135 = 135/183
140 = 140/191
145 = 145/198
155 = 155/206
165 = 165/213
170 = 170/218
Bucas Eczema Blanket Sweet-itch Zebra 110/145 reviews
92% would buy this product again.
- Solid fabric (34)
- Covered much of the horse (18)
- Good fit (24)
- Large separate belly flap (16)
- Sit well at the neck (9)
- Covers a lot of the horse (6)
- Sits comfortably on the neck (2)
- Good passform (2)
- Solid tissue (2)
- Covered a lot of horse (1)
- Blanket reaches over the neck (2)
- Big separate belly (1)
- Tight on the chest (9)
- Cheap quality leg straps, chestpiece not adjustable (6)
- The belly flap would have liked me even wider (9)
- It is difficult to click the bartacks with difficulty (5)
- The black discolored to brown color (5)
- Matching mask to the blanket (2)
- Tight breast (2)
- Larger wider belly flap for my pregnant mare (2)
- Way too small belly order extra belly bib here in the shop (1)
- Little bit too short on a frieze with many front (1)
- Neck piece a bit too tight for a frieze with a lot of front (1)
- Neck piece a little too tight with a frieze with a lot of front (1)
- The abdomen had me still wide (1)
- Bilords are sharply softer material (1)
- Too tight at the neck (1)
- Breaks very quickly (1)
Win a voucher of € 100, -
Niels from Venlo at 14-01-2019:
Qualitatively good blanket
Pros: large separate belly flap, solid fabric, covers a lot of the horse, good fit
Good blanket firm and protected well against eczema toppie
Joris from Deinze at 13-01-2019:
Pros: Solid fabric, covers a lot of the horse, good fit
Delivered on time and the right size. My horses enjoy it.
Bianca from Eemnes at 25-11-2018:
Strong blanket with a good fit for my Frisian mare. She is also recognizable from afar.
Britt from Olst at 02-10-2018:
Pros: Good fit, Solid fabric
Super nice blanket. Helps the flies well. 183 fits perfectly with my E pony.
Wouter from Sint pauwels at 11-09-2018:
Pros: Solid fabric
Cons: tight on the chest
does give chewing marks on the chest. Strong blanket, good substance
Sangeetha op 31-10-2016:
Question: Is there a mask with this blanket?
Answer: Yes there is and can be found here: https://www.agradi.nl/bucas-buzz-off-fly-mask-zebra-xxs.htm
githa saarberg op 31-07-2016:
Question: I always have the Bucas buzz off full neck for my horses. This is not very strong and gets bad badly with the sanding. I hardly do 1 year. Now this sweet itch seems to be of stronger material. Is this true? Is this blanket not too warm?
Answer: The eczema blanket is denser woven from fabric than the fly blanket and therefore somewhat stronger but also somewhat warmer. However, the blanket is not warmer than eczema covers from other brands.